Rocket Fuel is seeking a client-savvy Solutions Engineer to lead the development and implementation of data ingestion, user tracking, and other solutions for Professional Services’ client engagements. This is a great opportunity for someone with experience in web/online marketing technology and a desire to launch innovative ad-tech solutions that solve immediate client needs.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Work with and extend the capabilities of next generation marketing technology
- Design and implement solutions for unique client needs
- Get exposure to a broad spectrum of marketing approaches and customers
- Play a critical role in the satisfaction and success of our clients
- Have a lasting impact on Rocket Fuel and our clients’ businesses
The ideal candidate has solid technical skills, with a customer-service orientation -- seeking a challenging and rewarding work environment with the opportunity to gain rapid and valuable experience. You should thrive in a dynamic environment with a passion to solve technical challenges efficiently and expediently.Responsibilities:
• Drive technical deployment of client projects, including product feed on-boarding, parameterized pixel implementations, custom data transformations, betas of new solutions, and more.
• Work directly with Rocket Fuel clients to understand and translate their online-marketing technical requirements into solution deployment plans and timelines.
• Design and develop tools & prototype interfaces to improve deployment efficiency and success.
• Partner with internal and client cross-functional teams to achieve rapid and accurate design, testing and launch.
• Project manage implementations and internal/client resources as necessary.
• Provide ongoing support, including troubleshooting and resolution of production issues.
• Discover, apply, and share best practices, becoming an expert on the technical integration of select Rocket Fuel offerings.
• Provide feedback to the Product & Engineering teams to help define new platform features and enhancements to improve deployment, use and production maintenance of the platform.Specific Skill Requirements:Technical
• 2+ years of broad experience with web-based technology, including web servers, browsers & databases.
• Experience with enterprise-class databases and ability to develop, QA and execute SQL.
• Understanding of browsers and compatibility issues within IE, Firefox, Chrome and others in both Windows and Mac environments.
• Familiarity with the online marketing industry and technology.
• Ability to manage and drive multiple projects simultaneously with cross-functional teams, prioritizing activities with a drive to complete deliverables within specified timelines.
• Ability to prioritize among conflicting needs, advocate courses of action, pursue consistently to completion, and clearly communicate results.
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead cross-functional teams, develop relationships at all levels, and influence without direct authority.
• Familiarity with project/process management tools and management techniques.
• Strong organizational, planning & time management skills.Professional Services
• Strong customer service mind-set; experience with client-facing professional services.
• Ability to translate business requirements into product/technical solutions.
• Ability to investigate, analyze & solve problems, drawing conclusions based on data.
• Capable of exploring and evaluating meaningful alternatives and translating into actionable recommendationsGeneral Requirements:
• Minimum of a Bachelor's degree and 2+ years of total professional experience.
• Flexible and responsive to dynamic situations and changing priorities.
• Articulate both in person and on the phone; comfortable in a client-facing environment
• Able to present ideas and solutions, both written and verbally, to internal and client audiences.
• Highly self-motivated and able to work independently.
• High attention to detail, with a focus on successful, scalable, quality solutions.
• Good strategic and technical vision, with eagerness to get hands-on to figure out how things work.
• Eagerness to roll up sleeves and do whatever it takes to help make projects and clients successful.