Rocket Fuel delivers a leading programmatic media-buying platform at Big Data scale that harnesses the power of artificial intelligence (AI) to improve marketing ROI in digital media across web, mobile, video, and social channels. Rocket Fuel powers digital advertising and marketing programs globally for customers in North America, Europe, and Japan. Customers trust Rocket Fuel's Advertising That Learns® platform to achieve brand and direct-response objectives in diverse industries from luxury cars to groceries to retail. Rocket Fuel was recently ranked No. 1 on Deloitte's Technology Fast 500™, a ranking of the 500 fastest growing technology, media, telecommunications, life sciences and clean technology companies in North America. The company is based in Redwood City, CA.
The Assistant Controller manages all SEC Reporting, Technical Accounting and first year SOX implementation. These function includes review of accounting policy, review of complex accounting transactions, writes position papers in support of accounting conclusions, and implements new standards. Reporting to the Corporate Controller, this position prepares financial reports for the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) including Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K,and assist any other SEC reports that include financial information, and manage technical accounting matters.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required; other duties may be assigned.
• Preparation and management of the quarterly and annual SEC filings to include coordinating with internal Legal and Investor Relations and independent auditors;
• Complies the Company’s consolidated quarterly and annual financial statements and the preparation and analysis of all financial information underlying the statements, footnotes and supporting schedules;
• Performs U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP) and SEC accounting research and provides technical guidance for new or unique business transactions to support the Company’s changing business and implementation of new accounting standards;
• Coordinates with the Accounting Department to gather and support information necessary to address new accounting standards implementation;
• Provides companywide expertise on accounting for revenue recognition;
• Works closely across the Accounting Department on business issues impacting financial statements and footnote presentations and disclosures;
• Manages equity based compensation accounting, including evaluation of proposed compensation programs and coordination with executives, legal, human resources and equity administrator. Establishes and maintains a close working relationship with the Company’s Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Investor Relations and Legal;
• Participates in ad hoc projects, including assisting the corporate controllership team with technical accounting research, peer comparison disclosures, acquisitions/divestitures and due diligence activities;
• Works with external and internal auditors to support quarter and year-end financial audits and internal control reviews;
• Establishes and monitors key internal controls over financial reporting to ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX);
• Assists Investor Relations with providing financial information and analysis for investor calls and presentations as well as individual queries that may arise.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position manages a team of two and will work towards building a reporting team.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
· Six (6) years of public accounting, plus several years of industry financial reporting experience
Certificates and Licenses:
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
· Strong understanding of US GAAP and SEC accounting and disclosure standards and genuine interest and proven ability to research complex accounting and finance matters (Revenue recognition, purchase accounting, lease accounting, equity based compensation, International Accounting, etc)
· Experience in public accounting with a Big 4 firm for five years minimum, attaining Manager or level or higher
·Excellent oral and written communication skills
·Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions
·Project management skills and an ability to perform thorough and complex financial statement analytics