Rocket Fuel Powers Unified Digital Advertising Solution for Automotive Industry
Redwood Shores, Calif. (October 12, 2011) – Rocket Fuel Inc., the leading real-time ad targeting company , today officially launched Auto Booster, a transformative technology platform that boosts the efficiency and effectiveness of brand and direct response campaigns for the automotive industry. Rocket Fuel announced the new technology platform today at the J.D. Power Automotive Internet Roundtable, taking place October 12-13 in Las Vegas.
What Auto Booster Does:
- Auto Booster helps automotive marketers connect brand advertising efforts with direct response campaigns – so all digital campaigns are jointly optimized to maximize both long-term national brand impact and localized campaign-attributed sales.
- Auto Booster optimizes results at every level of the funnel by collecting and analyzing synchronized learnings and data from multiple types of campaigns. No longer do auto marketers have to use proxy metrics such as click-through rate (CTR) to understand the value of branding or consideration efforts. Auto Booster can optimize digital media – in real-time, as the campaign is running – to deliver the greatest boost in awareness, consideration, purchase intent, or any other brand goal.
- As the only solution of its kind available on the market, Auto Booster provides automotive marketers with increased effectiveness and scale – as well as cost savings.
The Problem Auto Booster Solves:
For automotive marketers: Automotive marketers face many challenges in uniting their digital brand and direct response campaigns, including wasted budgets, cross-agency mis-coordination, buying inefficiencies, ineffective targeting, optimization against the wrong metrics, and fleeting campaigns that do not inform and guide subsequent efforts. Because of the pressure to focus on immediate campaign results both at the national brand level and at the local sales level, most automotive campaigns running today fail to exploit natural cross-campaign synergies. In addition, many campaigns are run on a one-off basis, causing a huge loss of data across channels and time.
With Auto Booster, marketers’ brand and direct response campaigns automatically learn from and inform each other, so marketers can efficiently and effectively target buyers at the right time and in the right place in the purchase funnel. Additionally, each campaign is automatically optimized to the right metric – whether branding or direct response – in real-time, and can run simultaneously on online display, video, and mobile channels.
- For car buyers: Currently, in-market car buyers are exposed to numerous, uncoordinated messages during the purchase cycle, including brand- and model-specific campaigns, as well as regional sales events, promotions and limited-time offers. Auto Booster solves this problem for car buyers, presenting them with the appropriate ads at the right time in the car research and buying process based on their real-time behavior and needs. In-market buyers see different campaigns than “research” buyers, while many customers see locally-targeted ads as well as national ones.
How Auto Booster Worked for Buick:
- Increased consideration lift by more than 4.5x
- Successfully targeted and conquested competitive brand segments
- Boosted awareness and consideration the most among target demographic of 25-34 year olds
- Brought new pool of intenders to the Buick brand (45% of people who responded that they “would consider Buick” had never owned one before)
"Rocket Fuel Auto Booster cures the schizophrenia that has been forced on automotive campaigns by current-generation digital media systems," says Gene Cameron, recently Vice President of Media/Marketing Solutions at J.D. Power and Associates. "It breaks down the silos and joins brand awareness and consideration with purchase intent in a coordinated way to bring prospects through the purchase funnel, personalized to their attitudes and shopping stage. Rocket Fuel helps consumers get the information they need, enables marketers to build demand, and brings in-market shoppers into dealerships at a lower cost."
- “Today’s announcement of Auto Booster marks a first for automotive marketers. Rocket Fuel provides the tools necessary to run unified campaigns that - for the first time – are designed specifically to address every goal, from national brand awareness to local dealership sales,” said Richard Frankel, President and Co-Founder of Rocket Fuel. “Car manufacturers and dealers are looking for a way to effectively and efficiently identify and reach their target audiences, deliver against all of their goals, and span all digital channels and at every stage of the marketing funnel. By using our industry-leading response prediction technology that gathers and acts upon campaign insights in real-time, automotive marketers are getting ahead of the competition.”
J.D. Power Automotive Internet Roundtable:
The J.D. Power Automotive Internet Roundtable takes place October 12-13 in Las Vegas. The conference brings together industry experts, retailers, OEMs, agencies and automotive marketers to discuss how to leverage the Internet to market and sell more vehicles.
Executives from Rocket Fuel and its partners will speak on two panels at the conference:
Thursday, October 13th | 10:50am
Leadership in the Age of Data-Powered Digital Marketing
Jason Deal – EVP, Digital Director of Initiative (Rocket Fuel client)
Thursday, October 13th | 11:40am
Awareness & Consideration: Creating Relevant Relationships Early in the Purchase Cycle
Richard Frankel – President and Co-Founder of Rocket Fuel
About Rocket Fuel
Rocket Fuel is a real-time ad targeting company that transforms digital media buys into self-optimizing engines that learn in real time, delivering great campaign results from awareness to sales. Our technology combines all data-driven targeting techniques, from behavioral to contextual, into one comprehensive solution that automatically adapts campaigns in real time to achieve both brand and performance goals. Over 400 of the world’s leading brands run on Rocket Fuel across display, mobile, video and social media. Founded by online advertising veterans and computer scientists from Yahoo!, DoubleClick, Salesforce.com, and NASA, Rocket Fuel is based in Redwood Shores, California, and has offices in nine cities worldwide including New York and London. For more information on why campaigns run better on Rocket Fuel, visit http://www.rocketfuel.com.